Is it okay for Christians to cry?

It's been an overwhelming week & my initial game plan was to just 'suck it up' and get through the week without crying, which actually worked for a while until something happened & I ended crying like a baby 😭. Well... that wasn't part of the plan at all.

This made me realise a few things:

▪️ It's okay to cry. This is something that I'm still coming to terms with and what comforted me was the fact that even Jesus wept (John 11:35). Crying does not mean that you're weak.

▪️ If you don't deal with your emotions, then your emotions will deal with you. If I had dealt with those overwhelming emotions earlier on during the week then I wouldn't have broken down.

▪️ I am human & not a robot, which means that there will be things that make me sad at times; things that are sometimes beyond my control and even then my trust must be in Jesus.

▪️There is nothing that I cannot overcome. One of my favorite verses, Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me."

What do you do when you feel overwhelmed and stressed out?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do when you're discouraged?

'Money makes the world go around'

Do you truly love Him?